Vegan onion rings in Air Fryer
Recipe published on the Healthy Airfryer Recipes App by the user @ Recetas freidora sin aceite
Vegan onion rings in Air fryer
Enjoy this recipe on how to make Vegan onion rings in an air fryer. Fancy some healthy onion rings without oil and fat? This oil-free deep fried version is perfectly crispy and delicious, without the added oil of conventional frying.
- 2-3 onions (3 medium or 2 large)
- 1/2 cup flour of choice (all-purpose, spelt, all-purpose, etc.)
- 2/3 cup unsweetened vegetable milk
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- For the dry mixture. 1 cup bread crumbs
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/4 tsp turmeric
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Cut off the end of each onion, then peel off the outer skin. Carefully cut each onion into circular portions. Note the “layers” that make up each onion portion (like the pattern of a tree trunk). We will use two onion “layers” for each onion ring.
- Add all the wet mixture ingredients to a medium bowl and mix well.
- Add all the dry mixture ingredients to a separate bowl and mix well. Next, divide the dry mixture evenly into two separate bowls.
- Using separate hands for the wet and dry mixtures, dip each onion ring into the wet mixture, then transfer to the dry mixture and coat evenly with breadcrumbs.
- Place them in the fryer basket in a single layer at 204º for 8-10 minutes. Turn them over halfway through so that they brown evenly. Cook the healthy onion rings in several batches so that the basket does not fill up and they do not stick.