Marinated tofu in Air Fryer
Recipe published on the Healthy Airfryer Recipes App by the user @ Recetas freidora sin aceite
Marinated tofu in Air fryer
Enjoy this recipe on how to make Marinated tofu in an air fryer. The oil-free fryer makes it crispy and chewy, so you can use the marinated tofu in a salad or pasta dish, whatever you like best. Enjoy!
- 2 packets tofu
- 1 tbsp gluten-free soy sauce or tamari, if needed
- 1 tablespoon aquafaba or broth (liquid from cooking the chickpeas)
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon granulated garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon granulated onion
- Black pepper to taste .
- Drain the tofu and cut it into three slices lengthwise. Lay a double layer of kitchen towels or kitchen paper, place the tofu slices on top and cover with more towels. Place your hands on the tofu slices and press down, gently increasing the pressure, to expel enough water to make the towels noticeably wet.
- Place the tofu on the cutting board and cut each piece into about 10 cubes (one cut lengthwise and 5 widthwise works well). Place the tofu in a large zip-top bag or bowl.
- Mix the rest of the ingredients well, pour over the tofu and gently twist the bag or stir the tofu in the bowl until all sides are coated. Leave to marinate for at least 10 minutes; the longer you marinate it, the tastier it will be. Place the tofu in a single layer in the fryer basket and immediately set to a temperature of 175º, fry for 6 minutes. Use a thin, flexible spatula to loosen the tofu and turn it over. Put it back in the fryer and check after 4 minutes if it is golden brown overall and slightly darker at the edges it is ready.