Barbecued seitan in Air Fryer
Recipe published on the Healthy Airfryer Recipes App by the user @ Recetas freidora sin aceite
Barbecued seitan in Air fryer
Enjoy this recipe on how to make Barbecued seitan in an air fryer. In the mood for some meat? This barbecued seitan is sure to satisfy that craving. There’s no reason why being vegan means you can’t get all the flavours and textures you love in your food – vegan barbecue here we come!
- 1 cup wheat gluten
- 1 tablespoon miso paste
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- Oil, cooking
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ medium onion, sliced
- ½ cup your favourite vegan barbecue sauce (more, if desired)
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar .
- Mix the vital wheat gluten, garlic powder, soy sauce and miso paste in a bowl, slowly adding ½ cup of water until a firm, elastic dough forms. Knead for about a minute, then cut the dough into small pieces. Make small balls with those pieces and set them aside.
- Preheat the deep fryer to 375°F (190°C). Add the balls in small batches, and cook for 5 minutes. When done, they should have puffed up into spheres; don’t get too excited, as they will soon deflate. Set aside and continue cooking the dough in batches until done.
- In a small bowl, combine the brown sugar and BBQ sauce with 1 cup of water and whisk together.
- Add a small amount of oil to a large skillet and sauté the onions and garlic for about 2 minutes. Add the seitan morsels and the diluted barbecue sauce.
- Slow down and continue to cook, stirring often. When the seitan has absorbed most of the liquid or evaporated, the sauce will thicken. Remove from the heat and serve as is or with more BBQ sauce if desired.