Torrijas in Air Fryer
Recipe published on the Healthy Airfryer Recipes App by the user @ Recetas freidora sin aceite
Torrijas in Air fryer
Enjoy this recipe on how to make Torrijas in an air fryer. Savour these delicious torrijas and sweeten your desserts, why can’t you try just one? Enjoy!
- 500 ml milk
- 1/2 lemon peel (without the white part)
- 1/2 orange peel (without the white part)
- 1/2 cinnamon stick
- 2 eggs
- 120 ml water (half a glass)
- 2 heaped tablespoons honey
- 50 g sugar
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon powder .
- Place the flavoured milk ingredients in a saucepan and bring to the boil, lower the heat and keep it hot and almost boiling without letting the milk boil over for 10 minutes. Leave to cool and remove the cinnamon stick and cinnamon shells or strain. Set aside.
- Place the lukewarm milk in a flat bowl. Place the two slices of torrijas bread (if it is from the day before, better) with a thickness of about 1.5 cm. Leave to rest for about 5-10 minutes, until they are soft.
- Turn them over and leave for another 5-10 minutes, they usually absorb almost all the milk.
- Cut baking paper the size of your fryer basket without oil and place it in the basket. Leave the basket outside the fryer.
- Beat two eggs in a bowl (there will be some left over, but one is scarce) and set aside.
- Carefully remove each slice of bread soaked in milk and coat both sides with the egg, placing them in the oil-less fryer basket on top of the paper.
- Put them in the air fryer at 180 degrees for 12 minutes.
- Turn them over carefully so that they don’t break and put them back in the air fryer at 180 degrees for a further 10 minutes. Take them out.
- Prepare the syrup. Put 120 ml of water (half a glass and two generous tablespoons of honey) in a saucepan. Bring to the boil until the syrup is a little thick, about 10 minutes. Pour it into a flat bowl and set aside. Prepare the batter: Mix sugar and cinnamon on a plate, dip the baked bread in the syrup and then in the cinnamon sugar. Put them in a bowl and cover them with the remaining syrup.