Homemade spinach and blue cheese croquettes in Air Fryer
Recipe published on the Healthy Airfryer Recipes App by the user @ Recetas freidora sin aceite
Homemade spinach and blue cheese croquettes in Air fryer
Enjoy this recipe on how to make Homemade spinach and blue cheese croquettes in an air fryer. Perfect as an accompaniment or to serve as a starter.
- Whole milk 2 glasses
- Fresh or frozen spinach 200 g
- Butter 75 g
- Wheat flour 2 tablespoons
- Blue cheese 50 g
- Egg for wrapping the croquettes 2
- Breadcrumbs for wrapping the croquettes .
- To make the croquettes, the first thing we need to do is to cook the spinach for 5 minutes in salted water.
- Then we drain them thoroughly so that all the water runs out, leaving them for a few minutes in a colander.
- Once they have been drained, we put a frying pan on the heat and melt the butter.Lightly fry the spinach in the butter and add two tablespoons of flour, stirring until it is absorbed by the spinach. Then gradually add the milk, allowing the spinach to absorb it before adding more. Stir and add the milk until you obtain a green béchamel sauce that is thick enough to make croquettes.
- Add the blue cheese and stir so that it melts with the residual heat and is well distributed throughout the paste.
- Once dissolved, leave the croquette paste to rest in a bowl until it cools.
- To form the croquettes, on this occasion I have formed balls that we roll in beaten egg and breadcrumbs.
- Once formed, we can freeze the croquettes until the day we are going to fry them or fry them directly in very hot olive oil, leaving the croquettes for a couple of minutes on each side until they begin to take on a toasted colour. All that remains is to drain them on absorbent paper and take them to the table very hot.